2020 TEAM SELECTION PROCESS
Pre Team Selections
Registration link for tryouts - If you haven’t done so already, PLEASE take a moment to register for our 2020-2021 Team Selection to confirm you want to be considered: REGISTER HERE
Current coaches will have informed each player/family of their status going into team selections:
- In consideration for the level/team above.
- Playing at an appropriate level.
- Could be challenged by “new” player(s).
Note: “new” can be defined as “a player from the team below, from outside the club or from our recreational program.”
Team selections are taking into account the following elements:
- Observations made through games, scrimmages and training sessions.
- Observations and feedback done through the player’s movement (player invited to train up and/or to guestplay).
- Feedback and discussions among the coaching staff and/or with the Director of Coaching.
Selecting Players (2020-21 Rosters)
Due to the pandemic situation, some rosters may be completed in a 2-step process:
- Step 1: The large majority of the roster is selected based on observations made since August 2019. A spot or two may remain open for adding a new player later on (if necessary/appropriate).
- Step 2: Depending on teams and/or age groups, supplemental tryouts and new players evaluations may take place. Information will be communicated via our website.
Current coaches have provided feedback to their respective Director of Coaching (Erwan Le Crom U8 thru U13; Jeff Gettler U14 thru U18/19) and also shared information with the new coaches.
Age groups and game format:
- 7v7 - U9 and U10 teams
- 9v9 - U11 and U12 teams
- 11v11 - U13 thru U18/U19 teams
Acceptance and Registration
How to accept a position: Once a team is announced on our Richmond Strikers website, players will have 48 hours to register using the Stack Sports acceptance link (which will be provided with the team announcement).
Deposit and payment plan: Next year, overall fees will remain the same with some modifications to the structure. The initial deposit or acceptance fee has been lowered to $300 (in previous years the deposit was $500) The Strikers will also offer a 7-month payment plan option (instead of 6 months). If paying in full, families will receive a $100 discount. Since we are on our second season of our uniform kit cycle, returning players will only be required to purchase warmups and training shirts.
Headshot: When accepting a position, we are asking that EVERYONE upload their player’s photograph on Stack Sports - this will be essential in creating player field passes (please note that photographs should be a head-shot only, with a light colored background- no hats, sunglasses).
Virtual Registration: We will be conducting a virtual registration this year (paperwork; uniform try-on process for the upcoming season) - all details are forthcoming.
Team Selection Timeline:
Monday, May 4- Elite teams announced (U11 thru U18/U19)
Monday, May 11- Elite Black and Premier teams announced (U11 thru U18/U19)
Friday, May 15- U9/U10 teams announced