With Labor Day comes the end of summer, and the beginning of the fall soccer season! Over Labor Day weekend, 26 Richmond Strikers teams played in the Virginia Cup held in Williamsburg and here in Richmond. We had nine teams take home some form of hardware! Check out this weekend’s Virginia Cup recap:
2010/U11 Boys | Elite – Champions, Elite Black – Finalists
- There was an all Strikers final in the 2010/U11 age group at the Virginia Cup between Elite and Elite Black. The Elite team took home the title and had 22 goals throughout the weekend!
2010/U11 Girls | Elite – Champions
- 2010/U11 Elite went undefeated this weekend, accumulating 33 goals over the weekend with just one against as they took the title in a 5-1 victory over Tidewater Sharks.
2009/U12 Boys | Elite – Champions
- The 2009 Boys Elite team recorded 14 goals for with just 2 against on the weekend, winning the final 4-0 against the Tidewater Sharks.
2009/U12 Girls | Elite – Champions, Elite Black – Finalists
- In an all Strikers final, the 2009/U12 Elite team defeated the Elite Black team. The Elite team went defeated all weekend, and the Elite Black team's only loss was in the final.
2006/U15 Boys | Elite – Champions
- The U15 Elite team tied their first match of the weekend, but bounced back to win three straight, including the a 1-0 victory in the final over Fredericksburg FC to take home the crown.
2004/U17 Boys| Elite Black – Champions
2004/U17 Girls | Elite Black – Finalists
- The U17 Elite Black team won their bracket but were ultimately defeated 2-0 in the final against Fredericksburg FC.