The Richmond Strikers Travel program is designed for youth soccer players who are looking to compete at a high level of soccer. Players are selected to teams based on ability. Strikers travel teams compete in leagues in Richmond and across the state, as well as participate in local and out-of-state tournaments. The teams are coached by qualified and licensed coaches employed by the club.
Our goals are:
1. To create a soccer environment that is both age and ability appropriate for each of our players
2. To develop technically competent soccer players who are able to accurately control and pass the ball, be effective attackers and defenders in 1v1 situations, and to be critical, independent thinkers on the field.
3. We believe that every player is capable of improving his or her overall soccer performance. We are committed to providing the instruction and support to give our players the best opportunity to reach their potential, regardless of age or level.
What is Travel?
For those looking to compete on the highest level.
U9 – U19 Boys and Girls
Fall season: Jul/Aug – Nov/Dec
Winter training: Nov/Dec-Feb
Spring season: Feb-May
2 to 4 per week (1.5 hours each)
- Striker Park
- Capital Park
- West Creek
- ADSL (Advanced Development League) U10, U11, U12 United
- VSL (Virginia Soccer League) U12 and older Premier and United
- VPL (Virginia Premier League) U11 and older Elite
- 2 to 6 per year (depends on age and level)
- State Cup (U12 Elite and above)