At the Richmond Strikers, our aim is to prepare today for tomorrow. We believe that the collective strength of any team or club is only as good as the individual competency of its players. Our focus therefore, is to create environments that allow for the greatest number of players the opportunity to express themselves and develop to the best of their abilities.
2. Agility, Balance and Coordination
3. Simple decisions - using games to teach format
U8 ADP Format
The U8 ADP players will be organized into teams each week based on ability, age and/or randomly. This format allows us more freedom and flexibility to work on the things we did during the week at practice in a game environment and focus more on development than results.
- Game Format: 5 v 5 (4 + 1 GK)
- Practices: 2 times a week, 75 minutes each
- Games: Friday evenings, 6:00-7:00 PM
- League: In-House
- Yearly Outlook: Fall Season - 8 games + Festival (August-November), Winter Training - 6-8 sessions (January-February), Spring Season - 8 games + Festival (March-May)
U9/U10 Travel Format:
The U9/U10 travel players will be selected for Elite or Premier teams following tryouts.
- Game Format: 7 v 7 (6 + 1 GK)
- Practices: 2 times a week, 90 minutes each
- Games: Saturdays (primarily) and Sundays (occasionally)
- League: ADSL (Chesterfield Strikers, FC Richmond, Richmond Kickers, Powhatan Soccer Club)
- Tournaments: U9 Teams = 3 tournaments; U10 Teams = 3-5 tournaments
- Yearly Outlook: Fall Season - 8 ADSL games + 1-2 Tournaments (August-November), Winter Training - 6-8 sessions (January-February), Spring Season - 8 ADSL games + 1-2 Tournaments (March-May)