Richmond Strikers Rugby Mission
Richmond Strikers Rugby’s goal is to bring quality rugby programming to the greater Richmond area under the umbrella of the well-established and respected Richmond Strikers club.
- Tackle rugby in the spring and summer for grades 3-12.
- Tag rugby in the spring and summer for grades Pre-K-4. More information about Tag Rugby can be found HERE.
- Adult rugby (tackle) through our affiliate James River Strikers Rugby for men and women (18+) in the fall, spring and summer.
- Spring registration will open in November and close in January. Our Summer registration will open in mid-April and close the last week of May.
- If a uniform is needed they must be ordered during the registration process.
- Register Early! This is how we determine teams and coaches for the season. If you plan on playing, please register as early as possible.
- Players that play tackle in both the spring and summer are offered a discount for the summer season.
- Financial aid, scholarships and payment plans are available. For financial aid or scholarships, there is an application process. Payment plans can be coordinated on the payment section of the registration.
- All Players will need to be members of USA Rugby prior to registering for Strikers.
- USA Rugby Registration: CLICK HERE
Uniforms (Tackle ONLY):
- All Striker players will need our black game shorts and game socks. These can be ordered during the registration.
- Warm up tops are required to wear for game days. They are provided by the club once registration is complete.
- Jerseys are owned by Richmond Strikers Rugby and handed out for matches. Following each match, the coach will collect and wash the jerseys.
- Players who already have game shorts and socks (from the 2019 & 2020 seasons) DO NOT need to purchase new ones.
- Limited spirit wear can be purchased through Tytan Rugby any time of the year. Customized warm ups (hoodies, jackets, singlets and pants) are available only prior to the season through an order form. CLICK HERE to visit the Richmond Strikers Rugby team shop.
- Each player is responsible for purchasing their own equipment.
- Required equipment includes: mouth guard (tackle only) and cleats. Scrum caps are optional as well as any other protective gear besides mouth guards.
- This is a travel sport. Games will be played from Maryland to North Carolina (mostly Northern VA).
- The schedule for all teams will be posted on the website.
- Once games and locations are finalized they will be posted online and on TeamSnap. Kick off times are usually determined the week of the match.
- All team communications will be done through TeamSnap, including practice and games details, cancellations and other coordinations and communication.
- Players/Parents can also sign up for alerts through Rained Out
- Contact Blaze Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org
More About Rugby:
A Beginner’s Guide to Rugby:
Rugby Scholarship Opportunities:
In the United States, Rugby is primarily a club sport played on college campuses and students dues, fees and fundraising, usually cover expenses. Nevertheless, more and more programs are being identified as varsity programs that provide scholarships or receive substantial funding from their schools for the programs operations. The university may also help the teams with access to training and competition facilities and financial help to cover some expenses. Rugby scholarships include a variety of offerings from tuition grants, to dues or fee waivers, to in-state tuition rates for out-of-state students.