For the 5th year, the Strikers has partnered with GoochlandCares Food Pantry to collect food for our Goochland Neighbors in need. From May 13 through May 19th you can make a donation of non-perishable food at Strikers Park, West Creek or the Richmond Strikers office.
Last year, Strikers collected 497 pounds! This year’s GOAL to SCORE over 600 pounds! For every pound donated (up to 1000 lbs), the Strikers will match with $1.00.
More information about GoodlandCares Food Pantry & the community members:
- Nearly 750 Goochland neighbors shop for over 6,000 food items last year in the GoochlandCares food pantry.
- Nearly 300 Children weekly depend on the food provided by the GoochlandCares Food Pantry.
- Nearly 300 jars of peanut butter are distributed weekly.
- Many neighbors face the decision every day whether to pay for food OR for rent OR for medical prescriptions OR the electric bill.
- Goochland’s poverty rate is 7.4%.
- Western Goochland is an official “food desert.” Which means there is not a grocery store within 13 miles of their home.
Bins will be places at Strikers Park, West Creek or the Richmond Strikers office May 13-May 19 for donations. Below are some donation requests:
Canned meat: pork, chicken, beef, tuna
Fruits and fruit cocktail*
Dry Goods & Cooking Staples
Spaghetti & Pasta
*Greater need for these items
The Strikers are invested in the community and helping our neighbors, please consider donating to those in need.
Questions or would you like to get involved? Contact 804-556-6260.