Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced soccer game played indoors. Futsal has been recognized by FIFA and UEFA as the official form of indoor soccer since the 1980s. Futsal is a 5v5 game played on a hard surface, basketball sized court with a smaller, low bounce ball. The game is played without walls, using touchline boundaries to restrict the playing area.
Benefits of Futsal Include:
- Frequent touches on the ball
- Numerous goal-scoring opportunities per game/training
- Opportunities to overload transition elements of the game
- Reinforces quick decision making in high-pressure/low-space situations
- Develops quick reactions and reflexes
The Strikers Futsal Academy program will link the principles of our soccer methodology to the futsal court, giving our players a consistent message throughout the entire calendar year.